From: ja...@purplet.demon.co.uk (Mike Jagdis)
Subject: ibcs-2.0-960610.tar.gz
Date: 1996/06/11
sender: owner-linux-ib...@vger.rutgers.edu
x-hdr-sender: ja...@purplet.demon.co.uk
x-env-sender: owner-linux-ibcs2-outgo...@vger.rutgers.edu
newsgroups: linux.dev.ibcs2

I put a new version of iBCS on tsx-11.mit.edu:/pub/linux/BETA/ibcs2.
A few changes, a few fixes, Stephan's tape ioctls plus the generic
SYSV equivalents (assuming I understood them correctly). As usual,
read the ChangeLog if you are interested :-). The main reason for
this release was to put something with 2.0 in the archive name
there in the hope of avoinding the inevitable questions...

  Oh yeah, it now installs to /lib/modules/`uname -r`/misc/iBCS
for the sake of the modules tools. If you have an old one in
/usr/lib/modules you may want to get rid of it. If you have
something like iBCS2.o lurking around flame whoever made your
distribution :-). I haven't added a ".o" to the name as well
because it isn't necessary and it *isn't* an object file for
linking.

| Mike Jagdis                   | Internet: ja...@purplet.demon.co.uk  |
| 280, Silverdale Road, Earley, | Voice:    +44 1734 266996            |
| Reading RG6 7NU ENGLAND       | Work:     +44 1734 890403            |