From: Mark Bolzern < mark@wgs.com>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
Subject: IMPORTANT: Linux Is Proprietary?
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 1996 19:07:23 GMT

I just got a letter via Registered Mail that concerns everyone
in the Linux Community.  Anyone in Boston care to check this out?

They apparently have targeted WGS because we are prominent Linux CD
distribution maker, the people who manufacture and sell Linux Pro.
I have no further information on these people, they included no
Telephone numbers, or E-Mail addresses.  It smells like a scam to me.

I will type it here in it's entirety, with no further comments by me.
I will use ~R to indicate the registered Trademark symbol.

                                      Global American
                                      PO Box 1963
                                      Boston MA 02205-1963

Publisher
WorkGroup Solutions, Inc.
div General Computer Services, Inc
P.O. Box 460190
Aurora, CO
80046-0190

July 30, 1996

Dear Sir,

This is to inform you that LINUX~R is proprietary.  Information about
obtaining approval for it's use and/or making payment for past use
may be obtained by writing the following address:

Legal Dept
c/o Global American
PO Box 1963
Boston, MA 02205-1963

Sincerely,

William R. Della Croche, Jr
Proprieter LINUX~R

- --
        Mark Bolzern :  mark@wgs.com    WorkGroup Solutions, Inc.
          Try WGS Linux Pro, WebKit, and FlagShip, You'll lovem
http://www.wgs.com,  ftp://ftp.wgs.com/pub/wgs/Filelist OR mail: info@wgs.com
                USA Tel: 303-699-7470  Fax: 303-699-2793

Finger wirzeniu@kruuna.helsinki.fi for PGP key needed for validating signature.
Send submissions for comp.os.linux.announce to: linux-announce@news.ornl.gov