From: ja...@purplet.demon.co.uk (Mike Jagdis)
Subject: ibcs-9608, er, whatever it was, .tar.gz
Date: 1996/08/14
sender: owner-linux-ib...@vger.rutgers.edu
x-hdr-sender: ja...@purplet.demon.co.uk
x-env-sender: owner-linux-ibcs2-outgo...@vger.rutgers.edu
newsgroups: linux.dev.ibcs2

The neweset version of iBCS made it to tsx-11.mit.edu
/pub/linux/BETA/ibcs2/ at the weekend.

  /dev/spx and XTI/TLI transports should be fixed. There are some
signal changes. There is preliminary support for compiling on a
Sparc to handle Solaris (anybody want to donate a Sparc?).

  SMP support is *ON* by default in the CONFIG. This shouldn't be
a problem for those os us with single processors but avoids nasties
for those with more than one. If you wish to turn it off you will
save the odd instruction here and there.

  The default in CONFIG is now *NOT* to use module versions. Module
versioning caused too many questions...

  Try it and trace it :-). There is another release scheduled
shortly. At this stage it is just documentation clean up that I
completely forgot about for the last release!

| Mike Jagdis                   | Internet: ja...@purplet.demon.co.uk  |
| 280, Silverdale Road, Earley, | Voice:    +44 1734 266996            |
| Reading RG6 7NU ENGLAND       | Work:     +44 1734 890403            |