From: a...@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk (Alan Cox)
Subject: 2.0.15+ and multiprocessing
Date: 1996/09/04
sender: owner-linux-ker...@vger.rutgers.edu
x-hdr-sender: a...@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
x-env-sender: owner-linux-kernel-outgo...@vger.rutgers.edu
newsgroups: linux.dev.kernel

Having spent some time investigating this I can now categorically say that
the irq.h changes in 2.0.15,16 and 17 are causing inter processor interrupts
to be lost. Why I don't know yet, but to get SMP working with the current
kernels use the include/asm-i386/irq.h from 2.0.14.

Non SMP kernels will generally survive dropping interrupts so this may well
be a more general problem.

Alan