Developer Release 2 - Updates
If you're updating your MkLinux system, you must think MkLinux is worth your time. If you haven't done so yet, please take some of that time to register [ http://www.mklinux.apple.com/forms/register.html with us! ]
961029: The second DR2 update is now available. A synopsis of the 961029 update features is given below. Please see our announcement [ http://www.mklinux.apple.com/DR2/updates/961029.html ] for more complete information on new features, enhancements, bug fixes, etc,
A new Mach Kernel and Linux Server along with installation instructions can be found at: ...MkLinux_DR2/Updates/961029.mklinux/ [ ftp://ftp.mklinux.apple.com/pub/MkLinux_DR2/Updates/961029.mklinux ] (as well as on our mirror FTP sites).
Note: Be sure to install both the new Linux Server and the new Mach Kernel. The new version of the Linux Server will not work with the original DR2 version of the Mach Kernel! If you installed the 961015 update, be sure to install both the Kernel and Linux Server from this update - the 961029 Kernel addresses numerous problems found in the 961015 Kernel!
Features of the 961029 update include:
- New versions of Linux server and Mach Kernel
- vm_grab_page Panic fixed
- Certain 3-button mice work again
- SCSI device need not be mounted twice to work
- Ethernet driver no longer drops first packet
- Thread deadlock condition fixed
- Use of SCSI Slow Cable controller feature
- SCSI boot option, no disconnect
- No more video sparkles under X11
- Whole disk access now possible
961029: A Beta release of the 2.0 Linux Server is available. Please see our announcement [ http://www.mklinux.apple.com/DR2/updates/961029.linux2.0beta.html ] for more complete information regarding location and installation requirements.
Note:This is an announcement of Beta software. There may be problems. Users should only attempt to install and use this software at their own risk.
You must have the 961029 Update Mach Kernel installed in order to use the 2.0 Linux server beta!
961015: A synopsis of the 961015 update features is given below. Please see our announcement [ http://www.mklinux.apple.com/DR2/updates/961015.html ] for more complete information on new features, enhancements, bug fixes, etc,
Features of the 961015 update include:
- New versions of Linux server and Mach Kernel (be sure to install both!)
- Several Panics fixed
- Cache Buffer memory leak fixed
- Clock Drift fixed (for real, this time)
- 512 errno problem fixed
- Better support for multiple ADB devices
- "shutdown -h now" powers off system
- screenrestore correctly restores the color palette
960923: After the CDs went to press, we noted and corrected a slight inconsistency in the Mach Kernel source archive. This modification does not affect the binary Mach Kernel extension; only the source is affected. If you are a developer planning to rebuild the Mach Kernel, however, we suggest that you use the revised archive, available from the FTP site (osfmk.src.tgz)[ ftp://ftp.mklinux.apple.com/pub/MkLinux_DR2/FullRelease/MkLinuxFiles/mklinux-1.0DR2/mklinux-1.0DR2.osfmk.src.tgz ].