From: b...@pixar.com (Bruce Perens)
Subject: Debian Management Re-Organization
Date: 1997/03/04
Newsgroups: linux.debian.user

The Debian management is being re-organized. I have added two offices:

	Daniel Quinlan is Senior Vice President
	Brian C. White is Vice President of Engineering

Administrative matters of the Debian project are delegated to Dan,
and engineering decisions are delegated to Brian. Between them they have
authority for all day-to-day operations of the project. I will retain the
office of President, and I will concentrate on Debian's relationship with
other entities and on some large policy planning issues.

After a long time in the Debian management, the pressure of the
ever-growing project became too much for me.  There are also a number
of projects that I've put off for too long, and would like to have at
least a little time to work on them. Thus, the delegation. These two
new positions are currently pro-tempore, but I have no reason to doubt
that the board will make them official for a full one year term once
the board votes on its own constitution.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   B...@Pixar.com   510-215-3502