Tech Insider					   Technology and Trends

			   USENET Archives

List:       linux-video
Subject:    [video4linux] Misc things
From:       Alan Cox <alan () cymru ! net>
Date:       1998-05-15 14:48:54

I've sent Linus the 0.5.6 based bttv merge and radio card stuff with some
minor additions. Notably I've added a flag for radio stuff to say
"Im tuned in 1/16th of a Khz" for non FM radio.

I've also merged to bttv 0.5.8 but Im seeing some funnies from it. Notably
if I switch to TV, watch tv , switch to composite 1 it fails to sync to the
camera until  I turn the camera off and on. 0.5.6 didnt suffer this

Im also seeing what appears to be no tv audio

Alan
message.

> I've also merged to bttv 0.5.8 but Im seeing some funnies from it. Notably
> if I switch to TV, watch tv , switch to composite 1 it fails to sync to the
> camera until  I turn the camera off and on. 0.5.6 didnt suffer this
>
> Im also seeing what appears to be no tv audio

Ok checked the audio side. TV audio works. Audio to all other inputs appears
to be broken. (Hauppauge wintv/pci). If I drop the btv_muxsel call it mostly
works so I suspect external audio selection was broken by the changes in the
.6->.8 release

I'll dig futher next week

Alan