From: sch...@n2001.lbl.gov (Seth Schoen)
Subject: [ock...@penguincomputing.com: SVLUG Rally Tonight at 11:30PM...Please Come.]
Date: 1998/06/25
Sender: usenet
Newsgroups: ucb.os.linux

----- Forwarded message from Sam Ockman <ock...@penguincomputing.com> -----

Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 15:10:56 -0700
From: Sam Ockman <ock...@penguincomputing.com>
To: svlug-annou...@svlug.org
Cc: ja...@suse.com, balug-t...@balug.org
Subject: SVLUG Rally Tonight at 11:30PM...Please Come.
Sender: owner-svlug-annu...@svlug.org

Tonight Fry's stays open until one am, because at midnight they will start
selling Windows 98 to the world.  We will be excercising our free speech
rights by having a rally in front of the flagship Fry's in Sunnyvale, where
we will pass out Linux CDs (generously donated by S.u.S.E.) for free to
everyone who comes to buy Windows 98.

So, please join us.  It will be fun, and we will hopefully convince quite a
few people to try Linux, and get a lot of good press.

We will meet in the parking lot at Fry's at 11:30 pm. It's at 1077 E. Arques
Ave. in Sunnyvale.  You can get directions at www.mapquest.com.

Please bring a flashlight or two, and if you can please bring piecs of
posterboard, and large markers, so we can make signs. But the most
important thing is just to come so we can have a show of strength.  And
please, bring your friends.

Updates to this message/last minute changes/where people may be meeting for
dinner should anyone arrange that/etc., will be at
http://www.penguincomputing.com/svlug-rally.html Please check there
regularly for more information.

-Sam
 SVLUG Speaker Coordinator

--
Sam Ockman                    |   Penguin Computing - The Linux Company
(650) 938-7375                |   Linux Workstations, Servers, ISP

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Seth David Schoen (sch...@n2001.lbl.gov)
Future Technologies Group, NERSC, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (summer)