List:       linux-video
Subject:    [video4linux] bttv crashes
From:       Gerd Knorr <kraxel () goldbach ! isdn ! cs ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       1998-06-28 19:48:56

  Hi * !

I have some trouble with bttv:  Sometimes it crashes the box at insmod
time (hard locked -- no ping, no console switching, just dead).  Sometimes
it works fine.  Once the driver is loaded, everything seems to work fine.
Any hint or idea how to track down such a problem?

If it loads successful, I get this to the syslog:

bttv0: Brooktree Bt848 (rev 17) bus: 0, devfn: 120, irq: 3, memory: 0xffbeb000.
bttv1: Brooktree Bt848 (rev 18) bus: 0, devfn: 88, irq: 9, memory: 0xffbea000.

My VGA card (matrox mystique) has IRQ 9 too (according to /proc/pci).
Maybe this is a problem?  Otherwise everything looks sane...

  Gerd

message.