List:       linux-video
Subject:    [video4linux] Combined audio/video capture utility.
From:       Justin Schoeman <justin () suntiger ! ee ! up ! ac ! za>
Date:       1998-09-01 14:07:20

Hi everybody,

A while ago I asked for some of you to test my audio/video capture utility.
It seems the crashes I was experiencing were actually related to a M/B
problem, not the software, so I have decided to "officially" release the
software.

It is primarily intended for capturing video and audio for conversion to an
MPEG system stream.

The software is not (and probably never will be) very user friendly, but I use
it regularly to record video-email (and sometimes even TV programs).

The audio synchronisation is somewhat buggy (it tends to lose a second or so
every 5 minutes), but I will release a fixed version next week.

For any brave soles who want to use it, it is avaliable at:

http://www.ee.up.ac.za/~justin/bttv/Vstream0.1.1.tgz

It currently compiles with bttv0.5.15 (and probably 2.1.117 kernel as well,
but I am still on 2.0.35).

Enjoy!
-justin

message.