List:       linux-video
Subject:    [video4linux] ATI is at least thinking about us :-/
From:       Stian Seeberg <stian () nimsoft ! no>
Date:       1998-10-12 10:52:29

Hello,

I got this from Marketing at ATI today, and thought I would share it with
the list. For those of us who were dumb enough to buy an ATI card after
checking with XFree86 but not checking with you guys the news is not
great, but at least ATI seem to be looking at the possibility of releasing
a binary version of a driver if nothing else. Personally I could live with
that, even though the solution is imperfect...a binary in the hand is
better than source on the roof, eh? ;-)

Anyone who has contacted the developers at ATI have anything to add?

Stian

Stian Seeberg <stian@nimsoft.no> Consultant, Nimbus Software A/S
Olaf Helsets vei 6, PB 53 Bogerud, 0621 Oslo, NORWAY
Phone: (+47) 22 62 71 64, CellPhone: (+47) 92 45 39 99
"Some people are only alive because it is illegal to kill them!"
-Lionel Lauer in the scary devil monastery