From: Douglas De Vine <doug...@iig.com.au>
Subject: bt848 - bttv driver installation (kernel version)
Date: 1999/01/06
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.videoconf

I'm trying to get my bt848 chipset driven tv/capture card working under
linux with a 2.0.35 kernel. when I finished installing the drivers it
tells me that they the drivers were made for kernels above 2.1.x.

I don't know what else to tell you...

according to the docs It should run on 2.0.35 and above.

is there a way to force it to build for a specific kernel?

>I'm trying to get my bt848 chipset driven tv/capture card working under
>linux with a 2.0.35 kernel. when I finished installing the drivers it
>tells me that they the drivers were made for kernels above 2.1.x.
>I don't know what else to tell you...
>according to the docs It should run on 2.0.35 and above.
>is there a way to force it to build for a specific kernel?

2.0.x and 2.1.x kernels are different internally, so you need to get the
right driver for your kernel, or the right kernel for your driver. Recent
2.0.x kernels come with a bt484 driver, so you can try that driver. You
just need to enable Video For Linux and the bt484 driver in your kernel
config, and rebuild the kernel.

Bill.