From: Volker Dittmar <ditt...@internet.de>
Subject: Linux vs. NT: Benchmarks
Date: 1999/01/31
Newsgroups: comp.os.ms-windows.nt.advocacy

Just take a look at some benchmarks which compare Linux and NT as
file- and webservers at:

http://www.zdnet.com/sr/stories/issue/0,4537,387506,00.html

Yes, the benchmark has been done by Ziff-Davies. They've been trying
to hold Linux down for quite a few years, so you can't accuse them
for being unfriendly to M$ or NT.

Just guess who wins these benchmarks?

It is a rhetorical question: of course, Linux wins in every case,
as Linux fans told you before (some people, like Boris, had told
you its a lie, now you can see for yourself. I'm just thinking to
remove Boris from my killfile to see how he will react...).

It shouldn't surprise you to see what a big difference Linux makes,
and how much faster it is. At 32 clients, Linux + Samba has an
advantage of 250% (as a file server). As a web server, Linux is
up to 50% faster. Only with very few users NT is as fast as Linux.

I've just told you... and don't forget to compare the price... hehe

I hope one day they will redo this benchmark with kernel 2.2.x. Linux
has improved its performance, esp. on SMP-machines, but even for now
it kicks NT's butt.

Ciao,
Volker Dittmar