From: Luoqi Chen <lu...@chen.ml.org>
Subject: NT4 server 2.5 times faster than Linux
Date: 1999/04/14
Sender: n...@news1.mpcs.com
Newsgroups: mpc.lists.freebsd.hackers,muc.lists.freebsd.hackers

Saw this on yesterday's slashdot news:
	http://www.mindcraft.com/whitepapers/nts4rhlinux.html
I wonder how well FreeBSD would perform.

-lq

From: "Jordan K. Hubbard" <j...@zippy.cdrom.com>
Subject: Re: NT4 server 2.5 times faster than Linux
Date: 1999/04/15
Sender: n...@news1.mpcs.com
Newsgroups: mpc.lists.freebsd.hackers,muc.lists.freebsd.hackers

> Now, what are the chances that FreeBSD Inc could purchase the services
> of Mindcraft to test a properly tuned FreeBSD box vs this NT box?

And what are the chances that anyone would trust the results of this
test after what they did to Linux and Novell? :) Seems to me like it
would be a waste of the kind of money they're likely to charge (and if
it were anything less than $10K, I'd be amazed).

- Jordan

On Thu, Apr 15, 1999 at 02:39:05AM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > Now, what are the chances that FreeBSD Inc could purchase the services
> > of Mindcraft to test a properly tuned FreeBSD box vs this NT box?
>
> And what are the chances that anyone would trust the results of this
> test after what they did to Linux and Novell? :) Seems to me like it
> would be a waste of the kind of money they're likely to charge (and if
> it were anything less than $10K, I'd be amazed).

What is the possibility to have a platform simular to the one Mindcraft
used and do our own testing ? Then do not repeat the errors they did.

Invite someone from the Linux community to participate and also someone
who could tune an NT box. I wouldn't mind to do something like that.

> - Jordan

Regards, Ulf.