From bill.beal@lmco.com Fri, 04 Jun 1999 10:34:41 -0500
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 1999 10:34:41 -0500
From: William D. Beal bill.beal@lmco.com
Subject: [LinuxDVD] Upgrade-ability

I have not read any of the other postings so I may repeat some other
message. If I am repeating, count this as a vote. Any hardware decoder
needs a great deal of flexability built into it. It must have the
ability to be upgraded by replacement of a chip or loading of an eeprom
or flashrom or similar semi-permanent memory.

> I have not read any of the other postings so I may repeat some other
> message. If I am repeating, count this as a vote. Any hardware decoder
> needs a great deal of flexability built into it. It must have the
> ability to be upgraded by replacement of a chip or loading of an eeprom
> or flashrom or similar semi-permanent memory.

May I ask why? The MPEG standard is pretty well-defined.

Andreas

--
Reality is two's complement. See:
ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/hb/hbaker/hakmem/hacks.html#item154