	      Linux Video & DVD Project Mailing List Archives

From Ralph_Giles@sfu.ca Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:42:42 -0700 (PDT)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 00:42:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ralph_Giles@sfu.ca Ralph_Giles@sfu.ca
Subject: [Livid-dev] css test and some code cleanup

---1463811583-1804289383-932024569=:1140

Hi,

I tested the css-0.0.1 tarball from the website this eve. It appears
(claims?) to authenticate properly with my (ide) dvd-rom drive, and to
allow reading of vob files from an encrypted dvd video.

However, I asked it to print out the disk key and I do not get
repeatable results. This doesn't make sense to me: either this part is
not working, or I'm missing something big (like the drive is doing the
encryption?)

Anyway, nice to see this. I hope someone can turn the asm into C and
write a clear description of the algorithm. I've included a patch for
some minor code cleanup I did, and a (very dumb) makefile.

Cheers,
-r

---
Ralph_Giles@sfu.ca