[LinuxDVD] linuxtv.org
Paul Volcko pvolcko@concentric.net
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 10:38:08 -0400

Just a note that the Linuxtv.org pages have been updated and more
information added. There is some new information regarging CSS
there as well (check the header file for IOCTLs). Disc keys appear
to be 2048 bytes and Title Keys 2064 bytes. Not 40 bits (5 bytes)!

This could be explaining why everyone seems to be having trouble
with the CSS code that was released. It simply isn't grabbing the
right data (or right amount of it).

Anyway: http://linuxtv.org

Paul Volcko
LSDVD Project

[LinuxDVD] linuxtv.org
Michael Holzt kju@flummi.de
Sun, 18 Jul 1999 16:25:03 +0200

On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 10:38:08AM -0400, Paul Volcko wrote:
> Just a note that the Linuxtv.org pages have been updated and more
> information added.  There is some new information regarging CSS
> there as well (check the header file for IOCTLs).  Disc keys appear
> to be 2048 bytes and Title Keys 2064 bytes.  Not 40 bits (5 bytes)!

You are a little bit wrong. Title keys are 5 Bytes, the disc keys for
'standalone' drives is 2064 Bytes.

I wonder why noone discovered the size of the disckey before, because
Andrew Veliath's dvd ioctl patches have the following source line
inside:

       memcpy (s->disckey.value, &buf[4], 2048);

But one thing to think about: Even if a size of 10 bytes for the disc
key was wrong, this 10 bytes should have been the same every time. So
i assume there is another error in the disc key readout.

--
mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Michael Holzt				kju@flummi.de
58566 Kierspe, Germany			kju@debian.org

[LinuxDVD] linuxtv.org
Derek Fawcus derek@spider.com
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 17:21:51 +0100

On Sun, Jul 18, 1999 at 04:25:03PM +0200, Michael Holzt wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 10:38:08AM -0400, Paul Volcko wrote:
> > Just a note that the Linuxtv.org pages have been updated and more
> > information added. There is some new information regarging CSS
> > there as well (check the header file for IOCTLs). Disc keys appear
> > to be 2048 bytes and Title Keys 2064 bytes. Not 40 bits (5 bytes)!
>
> You are a little bit wrong. Title keys are 5 Bytes, the disc keys for
> 'standalone' drives is 2064 Bytes.
>
> I wonder why noone discovered the size of the disckey before, because
> Andrew Veliath's dvd ioctl patches have the following source line
> inside:
>
> memcpy (s->disckey.value, &buf[4], 2048);
>

> But one thing to think about: Even if a size of 10 bytes for the disc
> key was wrong, this 10 bytes should have been the same every time. So
> i assume there is another error in the disc key readout.

There are a couple of small errors in the code, I got it reporting
consistent disk keys last night. I'll post the updated code to the LiViD
list.

DF
--
Derek Fawcus derek@spider.com
Spider Software Ltd. +44 (0) 131 475 7034