From: Hirsim{ki Mika <m...@alpha.cc.tut.fi>
Subject: RealMagic DVD-cards
Date: 1999/08/12
Sender: owner-lin...@vger.rutgers.edu
To: linux-...@vger.rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: fa.linux.kernel

Hi,

Has anyone tried getting programming specifications
for RealMagic MPEG decoding boards from Sigma Designs
(www.sigma-designs.com)?

-
the body of a message to majo...@vger.rutgers.edu

From: "B.W. McAdams" <bre...@plexmedia.com>
Subject: Re: RealMagic DVD-cards
Date: 1999/08/12
Sender: owner-lin...@vger.rutgers.edu
To: linux-...@vger.rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: fa.linux.kernel

[apologises to those of you on both lists- you probably got this twice. I just
realised i sent to the wrong list]

Having just gotten a DVD player for my system which came with a Sigma Hollywood
Plus (ugh - another reason to keep windows on my box), I would definitely have
an interest in seeing someone get it working in Linux.

I'd offer to do it myself, but I must admit my C is pretty subpar and rusty,
and I have no experience writing device drivers. However if someone would
undertake the project I'd be willing to offer what help i can.

Although I guess we would still need DVD Player software for linux once the
card was driven.
hmmm.
Anyone know if theres a project out there to write a Software based DVD Player?

-Brendan

--
Brendan W. McAdams                   | H: (305)859-2181
Programmer/Systems Administrator  | W: (305)377-2880

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then
do it. "
     -- Robert A. Heinlein