From: Mofeed Shahin <sha...@labf.org>
Subject: UDF FileSystem.
Date: 1999/08/23
Sender: owner-lin...@vger.rutgers.edu
To: linux-...@vger.rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: fa.linux.kernel

G'day all,

Just a little curious as to when/if UDF support will be included in the
main kernel?

It appears that there already exists the patch for the kernel at :

http://www.trylinux.com/projects/udf/index.html

Are there any problems with it ?

Cheers Mof.

-
the body of a message to majo...@vger.rutgers.edu

Subject: Re: UDF FileSystem.
Date: 1999/08/23
Sender: owner-lin...@vger.rutgers.edu
To: Mofeed Shahin <sha...@labf.org>
Newsgroups: fa.linux.kernel

On Mon, Aug 23 1999, Mofeed Shahin wrote:

> G'day all,
>
> Just a little curious as to when/if UDF support will be included in the
> main kernel?
>
> It appears that there already exists the patch for the kernel at :
>
> http://www.trylinux.com/projects/udf/index.html
>
> Are there any problems with it ?

It works fine here. I think the reason that they are not pushing
to get it included in the standard kernel yet, is that the main
use for UDF is with CD/DVD writable devices. And that isn't
quite done yet - but it is a work in progress. A quick estimate
for a working alpha patch is sometime next month. Take a look
at my page, I'll post progress reports there.

--
*  Jens Axboe <ax...@image.dk>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer

-