		   Video for Linux Mailing List Archives

List:       linux-video
Subject:    any experiences using the latest Stradis MPEG decoder?
From:       Dean Christakos <dean () MIT ! EDU>
Date:       1999-09-02 16:53:29

I have a Stradis SM250 Professional MPEG decoder that I use under
Windows 98 and Linux. There is an free, open driver for Linux
available at
http://mpeg.openprojects.net. Unfortunately, I have been having
trouble getting  it to operate, and I was wondering if anyone
has had any similar experiences with it.

 When I run "modprobe stradis", I get the result:

 i2c[0]: 000040
 i2c[1]: 000040
 i2c[2]: 000040
 i2c[3]: 000040
 i2c[4]: 000040
 i2c[5]: 000040
 i2ca0 = 1a10f40

 When I run "loadcard 0", I get this result:

 /etc/stradis/Decoder2.bit 0 5372
 ioctl: Invalid argument
 stradis0: IBM config failed
 /etc/stradis/Decoder.aud 2 16896
 ioctl: Invalid argument

 Using parsempeg does not give any visible output to my video
 monitor connect to the Stradis card, as it does under windows.
 Also, I installed "tvset" for X and parsempeg did not operate
 using that, either (though neither did it return any errors).

 Does anyone have any advice regarding getting the board to
 operate or any other experiences with the Stradis MPEG decoder
 under Linux?

 -Dean

Constantine K. (Dean)  Christakos			H: (617) 868-1914
Massachusetts Institute of Technology			W: (617) 253-0185
Department of Media Arts and Sciences			E15-350
http://pdos.lcs.mit.edu/~dean/dean.html
"We will encourage you to develop the three great virtues
of a programmer:  laziness, impatience, and hubris."
        -- from _Programming_perl_ by Larry Wall and Randal L. Schwartz