From pvolcko@concentric.net Sat, 4 Sep 1999 10:20:23 -0400 (EDT)
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 10:20:23 -0400 (EDT)
From: pvolcko@concentric.net pvolcko@concentric.net
Subject: [Livid-dev] CSS routines

Previously I had given my results of using the css_auth-0_1 code,
specifically tstdvd and reset. Jens then asked for a little more
information off-list.

For those that are doing the work on the CSS module in CVS, here's whats
happening (with some variables removed that weren't last time I posted).

Using kernel 2.2.12 with aug28 diff applied (from www.kernel.dk) I
compiled css_auth-0_1 code.

reset runs fine. No errors are kicked up.

tstdvd comes back with the messages:

not Authenticated
Request AGID [1]... AGID 3
Host sending challenge: 09 08 07 06 05 04 03 02 01 00
Get key1 from LU failed

No errors in any logs as far as I can tell.

Compilation is fine (after changing references to key1 and key2 to key in
the code).

Previously I thought that the problem my be because I hadn't done any kind
of region code setting with the drive. I managed to use PowerDVD under
Windows on this drive/machine, though, so I don't think that is the
problem any more.

The drive is an IDE Toshiba SD-M1212 (6x/32x). It is on the same chain as
a Maxtor 91024D4 (10 GIG) hard drive. If I move the drive to the other
IDE channel it isn't recognized in BIOS (set as master or slave) and isn't
available under Win98 (don't know about Linux).

Paul Volcko
LSDVD