From: Marcelo Tosatti <marc...@conectiva.com.br>
Subject: read-write mutexes
Date: 1999/09/23
Sender: owner-linux-ker...@vger.rutgers.edu
To: linux-ker...@vger.rutgers.edu
Newsgroups: fa.linux.kernel

I've putted at http://bazar.conectiva.com.br/~marcelo/rwsem-2.3.18ac7.patch
a patch which adds read-write mutexes to the kernel.
I've also modified kernel/sys.c uts_sem semaphore to be a rwsem structure
and use read/write_down read/write_up in the files which use it.
The patch is not very well tested so there may be serious bugs in the
code. I'd like to someone with a SMP machine to test it.

Comments/patches are very welcome.

   - Marcelo

-
the body of a message to majord...@vger.rutgers.edu