From derek@spider.com Thu, 28 Oct 1999 00:38:33 +0100
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 00:38:33 +0100
From: Derek Fawcus derek@spider.com
Subject: [Livid-dev] Updated code available

  I've updated the code on www.eyrie.demon.co.uk/derek/dvd/css to include
my current version of the css-auth package.  Also in there is the css-cat
program I've been playing with.  This should be endian safe.  I've done
some optimisations and restructuring of the code, but this is still in
progress.

  The css-cat program should have the ability to demux only the stream
that one is interested in (i.e. video/ac3/etc).  Unfortunatly at the moment
there is a bug in extracting the ac3 data (however video demux works).
This problem causes the AC3 data to eventually be messed up.  So there
are two version of the uncss function in the file - the one that is enabled
simply decrypts every sector without trying to demux various streams.

  I've also included a patched version of Aaron's extract_ac3 which can
read from stdin.

  My eventual intention is to change the above couple of programs into
a single daemon which one can connect to for decrypted data.

  Usage is a follows (read code for more options):

  tstdvd /dev/dvd                               Authorise to disk and
                                                writes "disk-key"
  tstdvd /dev/dvd /dvd/video_ts/vts_01_1.vob    writes "title-key"

  mv title-key title1-key

  css-cat /dvd/video_ts/vts_01_1.vob|mpeg2player -vob -na -ns -f -

DF
--
Derek Fawcus                                                    derek@spider.com
Spider Software Ltd.                                        +44 (0) 131 475 7034