From GTM.Kramer@inter.nl.net Sun, 12 Dec 1999 15:02:02 +0100
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 15:02:02 +0100
From: Jurgen Kramer GTM.Kramer@inter.nl.net
Subject: [Livid-dev] Non Intel mpeg2 player?

Hi,

I was wondering is there a mpeg2 player available which compiles on
another platform as Intel? Preferably
Alpha (I hope someone could use those MVI instructions on the 21164PC
and 21264).

The current mpeg2play is full of MMX assembly code.

Cheers,

Jurgen

> I was wondering is there a mpeg2 player available which compiles on
> another platform as Intel? Preferably
> Alpha (I hope someone could use those MVI instructions on the 21164PC
> and 21264).
>
> The current mpeg2play is full of MMX assembly code.

I plan to have mpeg2dec support all of the major architectures.
If someone sent me an Alpha, I'd be happy to put in MVI support :)

cheers,
aaron

On Sun, Dec 12 1999, Jurgen Kramer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering is there a mpeg2 player available which compiles on
> another platform as Intel? Preferably
> Alpha (I hope someone could use those MVI instructions on the 21164PC
> and 21264).
>
> The current mpeg2play is full of MMX assembly code.

Or VIS on Sparc, for that matter. I'd be really interested
in doing that!

--
*  Jens Axboe <axboe@image.dk>
*  Linux CD-ROM Maintainer