	      Linux Video & DVD Project Mailing List Archives

From maroberts@dial.pipex.com Mon, 13 Dec 1999 00:03:56 +0000
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 00:03:56 +0000
From: Mark Roberts maroberts@dial.pipex.com
Subject: [Livid-dev] New testdvd & css-cat

I have been looking at css-cat and testdvd and have produced a version
with the following changes.

a) You can get ALL the title keys in two simple steps
	i) mount the dvd somewhere e.g. mount /dev/dvd /mnt/dvd
	ii) ./testdvd /dev/dvd /mnt/dvd/video_ts/*.vob > key

This creates a text file called "key" which contains the disk key and
all the title keys.

To play a title, just use the new form of css-cat, which reads the new
textfile. css-cat looks up the filename in the text file and uses the
associated key.

i.e.
css-cat -v1P /mnt/dvd/video_ts/vts_01_1.vob | mpeg2player -vob -f -

The new version is as a tar file at:
http://www.maroberts.dial.pipex.com/livid/css-auth.tar

If everyone likes it I'll put it into CVS [with an updated README file].

I'd really like to merge css-cat and testdvd into one program so you can
just go

css-cat -v1P /mnt/dvd/video_ts/vts_01_1.vob | mpeg2player -vob -f -

i.e so css-cat gets the disk and title keys. If this is not wanted then
perhaps as a separate program ?

Please reply with opinions.

Regards
Mark Roberts

P.S. Why do the ioctl commands in testdvd need root access to work ?
Have I setup my system wrongly ?