From mpav@purdue.edu Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:47:36 -0500 (EST)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:47:36 -0500 (EST)
From: Matthew R. Pavlovich mpav@purdue.edu
Subject: [Livid-dev] Project Updates & List(s) moved.

As many of you have noticed, there are two livid-dev lists in use.  The
new list livid-dev@linuxvideo.org was created for testing on the new
machine, and we were half-way through the process of moving everyone over,
when one of the admins' wife had a baby... the nerve of some people.  :)
The new -dev list wasn't supposed to be in use, but it somehow was
discoverd.

Since then, we have been working on the web interface for the new lists,
and everything is all in place now, thanks mostly to the work of our lead
webmaster, Dominick Schnitzer.

We also are now better equiped to handle administrating of various video
related subprojects to move over to linuxvideo.org.  We have web interface
for adding news, cvs for managing web pages, and of course CVS code
repositories and mailing lists.

The mailing list for livid-dev haa been moved, and several others
created.

IF YOU DON'T GET THIS MESSAGE TWICE, you AREN'T subscribed in one of the
lists, make sure that you are subscribed for livid-dev@linuxvideo.org.

Send a message to livid-dev-subscribe@linuxvideo.org and you are all set,
no subject, no text in body needed.  It subscribes based on From: address.

-or-

For those that like the web interface:
http://www.linuxvideo.org/admin/publists.php3

http://www.ezmlm.org/ezman-0.32/ezman1.html has more information on
working with the list.

The old list will be disabled tonight at midnight.  Please send all posts
to livid-dev@linuxvideo.org from now on.

New Lists**

Several new lists have been created to help alleviate the load on -dev.
You can subscribe to these in the same manner as described above.

livid-dev -- General discussion about video development on linux, API's,
interfaces, etc.

livid-dvd -- General discussion about OMS, dvd and related things.  In
theory most of the -dev traffic should move to -dvd.

livid-user -- End user support for livid applications.  Users of software
from the various livid projects are encouraged to use this list for aiding
in the use of the applications, compiling, installing, etc.

livid-legal -- discussion on any legal related issues about codecs,
politics, etc

New sub-project lists.  I went ahead and created some new lists for the
other subprojects.  By no means are these official, I am awaiting feedback
from the various project leaders, now that all the resources are in place,
it is much easier to manage a sub-project on linuxvideo.org.

livid-bttv -- Tv tuners, etc.

livid-gatos -- Stea Greene's GATOS project

livid-marvel -- Matrox Video hardware

livid-ovd -- Open Video Disk format.  (I created this, so it matches the
new naming convention for lists.)

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Regards,
Matthew R. Pavlovich