List:       linux-video
Subject:    [V4L] BTTV2 ANNOUNCE
From:       Justin Schoeman <justin () suntiger ! ee ! up ! ac ! za>
Date:       2000-08-04 13:28:43

Hi everybody (again),

bttv2 is an integration of bttv-v4l2 and bttv-0.7.x, resulting in a v4l2
driver that supports all the cards (I hope) that bttv does.  It has been
in testing for the last week, or so, and seems to work...

Last night it finally survived my stress-testing procedures, which
probably means that it is pretty solid. 2 hours of continuos operation,
turning preview on and off, with random windows and clips, while turning
capture on and off with various capture sizes, and occasionally dumping
some videos with read(), with no errors at all!  I doubt that it will
crash in normal operation.

This program has now replaced bttv-v4l2 at the same web site
(http://bttv-v4l2.sourceforge.net).  If you are currently using
bttv-v4l2, I would suggest that you switch to bttv2, as a number of
fairly serious bugs have been fixed.

Bugs:
* radio and vbi are not yet supported, but will hopefully be by Monday.
* grabdisplay mode fails in xawtv -> if anybody can help me figure out
why, I would appreciate it.  All other grabbing apps seem to work
though.

Thanks

-justin

Computer completely hangs when capturing and not queuing enough bufers,
guess it chooses to overwrite system memory when left with empty queue.

--
Marian Jančár < mjanx123@milada.troja.mff.cuni.cz>