From: karstenev...@my-deja.com
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc
Subject: Hmm, don't have any shares in Microsoft do you?-)
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 14:31:31 GMT

this is the avi of an advert IBM is about to show on American TV.

It shows 'Commander Cicso' from Deep Space Nine talking about
a 'differnt kind of world' needing a 'diffent kind of software'
then the IBM logo pops up "IBM supports Linux 100%"

----------
IBM Linux TV Commercial
IBM has a new commercial running that stars Avery Brooks from DS9.
The message of the commercial is that IBM supports Linux 100%. This may
be the first Linux commercial ever!
View the commercial here
http://www.ibm.com/software/is/mp/linux/audio/ibm_linux-02.avi
(its about 3,000kb)

PS I know this is an NT forum but better the devil you know than the
one you don't.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

This is the avi of an advert IBM is about to show on American TV.

It shows 'Commander Cicso' from Deep Space Nine talking about
a 'differnt kind of world' needing a 'diffent kind of software'
then the IBM logo pops up "IBM supports Linux 100%"

There are some rumours on other newsgroups that Microsoft or a company
called Mainsoft is in the process of porting Microsoft Office to Linux.
there is even supposed to be an alpha version!
----------
IBM Linux TV Commercial
IBM has a new commercial running that stars Avery Brooks from DS9.
The message of the commercial is that IBM supports Linux 100%.
This may be the first Linux commercial ever!
View the commercial here
http://www.ibm.com/software/is/mp/linux/audio/ibm_linux-02.avi
(its about 3,000kb)
--------------------

Wouldn't it be cool if Bentley upgraded the Linux version?
With Microstation, Office and mysql  running on Linux, I bet even
Intergraph could get their PDS application on it.

Now that'll be the day...

Hope a Bentley guy is looking :-)

Anyone know where I can buy shares in RedHat ?)

Regards

~~~~~_~~~~ Karsten Evans (My views are my own, not my employer's !-)
~~~~O O~~~ SGI NT CSC Software Support           ,-.
~~~~/V\~~~ http://www.sgi.com/linux              oo|
~~~//.\\~~ Tel. +44 118 925 7039 / Fax 7596    /`'~)
~~/(SGI)\~ Also webeditor of                   {\"_|7
...^^-^^.. http://www.swindon.org.uk