From andersen@lineo.com Fri, 16 Mar 2001 01:46:11 -0700
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 01:46:11 -0700
From: Erik Andersen andersen@lineo.com
Subject: [BusyBox] BusyBox 0.50 released!

Ok, this took a lot longer then anyone expected but BusyBox 0.50 is now
released and a tarball is now sitting on the ftp site waiting for folks to
grab it while its hot.

This is the announcement I just posted to the web site:

    This release adds several new applets including ifconfig, route,
    pivot_root, stty, and tftp, and also fixes tons of bugs. Tab completion in
    the shell is now working very well, and the shell's environment variable
    expansion was fixed.  Tons of other things were fixed or made smaller. For
    a fairly complete overview, see the changelog.

    lash (the busybox shell) is still with us, fixed up a bit so it now behaves
    itself quite nicely. It really is quite usable as long as you don't expect
    it to provide Bourne shell grammer. Standard things like pipes, redirects,
    command line editing, and environment variable expansion work great.  But
    we have found that this shell, while very usable, does not provide an
    extensible framework for adding in full Bourne shell behavior. So the first
    order of business as we begin working on the next BusyBox release will be
    to merge in the new shell currently in progress at Larry Doolittle's
    website.

I am really quite proud of this release.  Many thanks to everybody that
helped by submitting patches and bug reports.  With your help, BusyBox
is now ready to take over the world.  Have fun,

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersen@lineo.com