From: m...@spt.entity.com (Marty Connor)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.misc,comp.sys.mac.system
Subject: Thanks CONNECTIX!!
Date: 11 Sep 91 04:23:46 GMT

Thanks to the people of CONNECTIX for writing MODE32.

If it hadn't been for you, the management of Apple wouldn't have had
the easy out of licensing your software and thus making the lawsuits
against them harder to press.

Your non-copy-protected software would have been the most bootlegged
piece of code around (after After Dark), and you would not have made
that much money from it.  Now you will make money, and Apple looks
like a bunch of angels!

Imagine:

They might have been forced to upgrade the dirty ROMS in their
machines.

Now, we get to thank the people at Apple who are basking in the
afterglow of THEIR MANAGEMENT essentially doing the CHEAPEST THING
they could do to get out of a bad situation gracefully.

Think about it gang.  Technically it wouldn't be that hard to clean up
the ROMs.  Connectix seems to have found a way.  It would have been a
logistical nightmare to keep track of them though;  And after the
layoffs and all, you can imagine the staffing problems.  Of course you
can.

If Connectix hadn't stepped in and done what must be a pretty awesome
piece of code to patch and warm boot the machine, patching just the
right routines...  Apple might have actually had to upgrade the ROMs
to do what their manuals said the machine would do. (address 128mb RAM).

Remember when...