OS/360 on Hercules web page posted

Jay Maynard

Feb 6, 2000

I've posted a web page on getting OS/360 to run on Hercules. I tried to be
as comprehensive as I could, but I'm sure there's more that can be said. I
did include a set of sample JCL and control files that result in a complete,
if tightly packed, MVT on two 2314s. (If we get 3330s working with the Itel
mode, I'll replace that with a 3330-based package.) The goal is to make it
possible for someone to get MVT genned and running with just the CD (or its
data) and the vanilla Hercules package.

Please check it out at http://jmaynard.home.texas.net/hercos360 and let me
know what you think. Thanks...

2:11 pm

Re: OS/360 on Hercules web page posted

Roger Bowler

Feb 6, 2000

Jay Maynard wrote:
>I've posted a web page on getting OS/360 to run on Hercules.
>Please check it out at http://jmaynard.home.texas.net/hercos360
>and let me know what you think. Thanks...

Jay, this is a terrific piece of work. I haven't read through it all yet,
but you have put in a lot of work here and it looks as if this will be
just what's needed to encourage people to get on and do it.

Regards, Roger.

5:32 pm

Copyright 2000