From: Mark.Jac...@custserv.com
Subject: OS/390 Port
Date: 2000/07/01
Newsgroups: mailing.netbsd.ports

Have you noticed that LINUX has been ported to the OS/390 platform? Look at
http://www.s390.ibm.com/linux/  for details.

How hard would it be to do the same for one of the bsd's?

Mark Jacobs
Technical Services
Time Customer Service - Tampa, FL
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist-"
 - Union General John Sedgewick, Last Words - 1864

> Have you noticed that LINUX has been ported to the OS/390 platform? Look at
> http://www.s390.ibm.com/linux/  for details.
>
> How hard would it be to do the same for one of the bsd's?

It's doable. The 390 architecture is quite well-specified (big,
heavy books etc.) and there's even the Linux code to look at too,
of course.

Go for it :-)

--
Soren