Hercwin 2.10d+ available for download

Volker Bandke

Feb 7, 2001

I just uploaded the newest Version of Hercules 2.10d (plus one tiny fix) to
http://www.bsp-gmbh.com/hercules/hercwin210.exe

The files for building Hercwin have also been updated

With kind Regards |\ _,,,---,,_
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,
Volker Bandke |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
(BSP GmbH) '---''(_/--' `-'\_)

Xerox does it again and again and again and ...

12:11 pm

Re: Hercules 2.x on Windows - was Hercwin 2.10d+ available for download

Wolfgang Schäfer

Feb 7, 2001

Volker (Jay),
I downloaded the previous version last night and it's *superb*:
performance is 3-10 times better than 1.71 on my Celeron 400 - did
you change some compile options? Or is this just a 'normal'
improvement of 'Version 2'? I haven't the comparison running it under
Linux ... but on my windows system I now have 'subsecond' response
time.

Thanks to all developers: *GREAT* job!!!

Volker: what is the difference between 2.10d and your last version?
Is it significant? Anyway: looking at your website it still offers
2.10c (if that makes any difference).

Best regards
Wolfgang

P.S. are you going to the HUG1 in Guetersloh?

--- In hercules-390@y..., "Volker Bandke" <vbandke@b...> wrote:
> I just uploaded the newest Version of Hercules 2.10d (plus one tiny
fix) to
> http://www.bsp-gmbh.com/hercules/hercwin210.exe
>
> The files for building Hercwin have also been updated
>

> With kind Regards |\ _,,,---,,_
> ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,
> Volker Bandke |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
> (BSP GmbH) '---''(_/--' `-'\_)
>

> Xerox does it again and again and again and ...

10:17 pm

Re: Hercules 2.x on Windows - was Hercwin 2.10d+ available for download

Volker Bandke

Feb 8, 2001

Wolfgang,

Version 2.10d incorporates a few fixes, one of them should be fixing S0C5 Abends
when IPLing OS/390. Can't say if it works, though, as I don't _have_ OS/390
(yet)
And no, I will not be in Gutersloh on Saturday, I'll be too far away (Oslo,
Norway)

With kind Regards |\ _,,,---,,_
Volker Bandke |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'

6:47 am