Turnkey CD # 3 ... Testers Needed

Volker Bandke

Jun 23, 2002

HI everyone,

MVS Tur(n)key System Release 3 is nearing completion. I have cut the
first CD and tried it, and it looks good. What I would need now are
a few volunteers that would test the CD for me (i.e. installation,
scripts, etc)

No, I am not going to compete with Sam Knutson and set up a
distribution system for the CD-ROM, I have just built very few beta
CD-Rom. If you send me an address where to send the CDROM I will
choose a few unlucky ones and send them the beta CD

All the others will be spared and will have to wait until August.....

With kind Regards |\ _,,,---,,_
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,
Volker Bandke |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
(BSP GmbH) '---''(_/--' `-'\_)

Sometimes a fool gets lucky and wins. - Scandal

(Another Wisdom from my fortune cookie jar)

8:28 am

Re: Turnkey CD # 3 ... Testers Needed

robprins

Jun 23, 2002

-Volker,
You have found one tester of your turnkey.
I have enough bandwith with internet, so I can download the turnkey.
Thanks in advance.

Rob-

> HI everyone,
>

> MVS Tur(n)key System Release 3 is nearing completion. I have cut
the
> first CD and tried it, and it looks good. What I would need now
are
> a few volunteers that would test the CD for me (i.e. installation,
> scripts, etc)
>
> No, I am not going to compete with Sam Knutson and set up a
> distribution system for the CD-ROM, I have just built very few beta
> CD-Rom. If you send me an address where to send the CDROM I will
> choose a few unlucky ones and send them the beta CD
>

> All the others will be spared and will have to wait until
August.....

> With kind Regards |\ _,,,---,,_
> ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,
> Volker Bandke |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
> (BSP GmbH) '---''(_/--' `-'\_)
>
> Sometimes a fool gets lucky and wins. - Scandal
>
> (Another Wisdom from my fortune cookie jar)

3:54 pm

Turnkey CD # 3 ... Testers Needed

Volker Bandke

Jun 23, 2002

No high speed connection. The zipped system is about 550 MB, and
with a max upload speed of 256 kb/sec it takes about 5 hours to
transfer 1 copy. Don't really feel like doing it that way,
especially given the fact that I have to pay extra for every MB
exceeding 3GB

a CD in the mail it is right now

With kind Regards |\ _,,,---,,_
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,
Volker Bandke |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
(BSP GmbH) '---''(_/--' `-'\_)

It is much harder to find a job than to keep one.

- --- In hercules-390@y..., "Volker Bandke" <vbandke@b...> wrote:

> HI everyone,
>

> MVS Tur(n)key System Release 3 is nearing completion. I have cut
the
> first CD and tried it, and it looks good. What I would need now
are
> a few volunteers that would test the CD for me (i.e. installation,
> scripts, etc)
>
> No, I am not going to compete with Sam Knutson and set up a
> distribution system for the CD-ROM, I have just built very few beta
> CD-Rom. If you send me an address where to send the CDROM I will
> choose a few unlucky ones and send them the beta CD
>

> All the others will be spared and will have to wait until
August.....

> With kind Regards |\ _,,,---,,_
> ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,
> Volker Bandke |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'
> (BSP GmbH) '---''(_/--' `-'\_)
>
> Sometimes a fool gets lucky and wins. - Scandal
>
> (Another Wisdom from my fortune cookie jar)

Community email addresses:
Post message: hercules-390@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe: hercules-390-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

Files and archives at:

Get the latest version of Hercules from:
http://www.conmicro.cx/hercules

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

- ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor