Have anyone installed OS/390 or z/OS???

kallesii

Jan 20, 2002

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone successfully have installed some late
release of OS/390 or z/OS on hercules?

Is it possible to download the IPL-disks from the emulator to the PC
and just IPL? Can Hercules emulate any CPU-serial?

Regards Kalle

12:52 pm

Re: Have anyone installed OS/390 or z/OS???

Greg Smith

Jan 20, 2002

Rumour has it that the answers to all your questions is `Yes'

Greg

kallesii wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Just wondering if anyone successfully have installed some late
> release of OS/390 or z/OS on hercules?
>
> Is it possible to download the IPL-disks from the emulator to the PC
> and just IPL? Can Hercules emulate any CPU-serial?
>
> Regards Kalle

1:00 pm

Re: Have anyone installed OS/390 or z/OS???

Volker Bandke

Jan 20, 2002

Three question:

>Just wondering if anyone successfully have installed some late release of
OS/390 or z/OS on Hercules?

I have heard claims it would work (Why shouldn't it? Hercules run Linux 390
in 64 bit mode. Why not z/OS?)

>Is it possible to download the IPL-disks from the emulator to the PC and
just IPL?
No. Hercules is a Hardware Emulator, not an OS. Repeat after me: Hercules
emulates Hardware, I need to acquire the software to run on it

>Can Hercules emulate any CPU-serial?
Yes. Why are you asking? Why is the CPU serial number important? What are
you trying to achieve?

With kind Regards |\ _,,,---,,_
Volker Bandke |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-'

Liar, n.: A lawyer with a roving commission. -- Ambrose Bierce, "The
Devil's Dictionary"

(Another Wisdom from my fortune cookie jar)

1:49 pm

Copyright 2002