Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 11:31:50 +0200
From: "Phil Payne" <philp@...>
Subject: Stupidity
To: "Jay Maynard" <jmaynard@...>

I daresay there are those who think DoS attacks are also an expression of free
speech.

All of the attacks - the malicious unsubscriptions on Linux-390 and IBM-MAIN,
the cracking
attempts on my web site, the abusive phone calls - are being logged and
documented.

The Hercules effort is really showing itself in its true colours.

--
Phil Payne
http://www.isham-research.com

----- End forwarded message -----

Folks, if anyone associated with Hercules is doing this, please stop. Now.

Phil's continual attacks on Hercules are annoying and tiresome, and while
responding to abuse with abuse is tempting, if can only hurt the Hercules
effort.

The best reply to Phil's continuing FUD and censorship is to show that we're
better than he is. Calm, reasoned argument is the way to go about it. He's
doing quite a good job already of getting himself marginalized in the
mainframe community, especially the Linux/390 community. All that the stuff
he accuses us of doing will accomplish is to marginalize us right along with
him.

I've asked him for documentation of his accusation that the Hercules
community is involved. I hope he's just blowing smoke and cannot produce it.
If he can, then I will find some action to take to dissociate us from it.

(No, I'm not referring to any legal action as being included in Phil's
accusations. Whether I support it or not, I do believe that it is the
person's right to pursue it.)

12:52 pm

Copyright 2002