Running z/OSe on Hercules

a62312a

Nov 15, 2006

I tried to run z/OSe on Hercules, but I only get msg: "IFA200W
LICENSE=z/OSe WAS SPECIFIED BUT IS NOT ALLOWED". I specified a 2066
cpu and lparname ZOSETST. Does anyone knows if it is possible to run
z/OSe on Hercules?
Regards,
Ruud Oosterhof.

4:01 pm

Re: Running z/OSe on Hercules

Jay Maynard

Nov 15, 2006

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 04:01:56PM -0000, a62312a wrote:
> I tried to run z/OSe on Hercules, but I only get msg: "IFA200W
> LICENSE=z/OSe WAS SPECIFIED BUT IS NOT ALLOWED". I specified a 2066
> cpu and lparname ZOSETST. Does anyone knows if it is possible to run
> z/OSe on Hercules?

It should work. However, I haven't heard of anyone else trying it. I would
suggest setting the LPAR name to ZOSETST1, since the listed prerequisite is
that the LPAR name be ZOSExxxx. Other than that, I can't guess why it
wouldn't work.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.cx
http://www.hercules-390.org (Yes, that's me!)

4:50 pm

Re: Running z/OSe on Hercules

a62312a

Nov 16, 2006

Jay,
I changed the LPAR name to ZOSETST1 in the IODEF and in the Hercules
settings, but it still doesn't work.
The manual: "z/OS V1R7.0 and z/OS.e V1R7.0 Planning for Installation"
states ZOSExxxx for the z/OS.e LPAR name where xxxx is zero to four
characters.

Do you know anyone who had this working on Hercules?
Regards.
Ruud Oosterhof.

--- In hercules-390@yahoogroups.com, Jay Maynard <jmaynard@...> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 04:01:56PM -0000, a62312a wrote:
> > I tried to run z/OSe on Hercules, but I only get msg: "IFA200W
> > LICENSE=z/OSe WAS SPECIFIED BUT IS NOT ALLOWED". I specified a 2066
> > cpu and lparname ZOSETST. Does anyone knows if it is possible to run
> > z/OSe on Hercules?
>
> It should work. However, I haven't heard of anyone else trying it. I
would
> suggest setting the LPAR name to ZOSETST1, since the listed
prerequisite is
> that the LPAR name be ZOSExxxx. Other than that, I can't guess why it
> wouldn't work.
> --
> Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.cx
> http://jmaynard.livejournal.com http://www.tronguy.net