zVM (full version) install from DVD support

August Treubig

Jan 10, 2009

Roger, Ivan, Bernard, David, Jay, Jan,

(If I left someone out, it isn't intentional).

The work done on the SYSG device and the support to use the zVM
evaluation is great and works fine. But that brings up a point of
struggle that I ran into.
The install process for the full zVM (My case 5.4) uses a process that
loads the stuff as a bunch of 4 M/B files from the "DVD". I found
that some of the "how" is documented as DIAG 2C0 in z/VM: CP
Programming Services.

Unless, I missed something and it is already there, it would be
fantastic if this were added.

Aug

1:16 am

Re: zVM (full version) install from DVD support

Jay Maynard

Jan 10, 2009

On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 01:16:22AM -0000, August Treubig wrote:
> Unless, I missed something and it is already there, it would be
> fantastic if this were added.

I'm pretty sure it will beadded sooner rather than later, but it won't be in
the soon-to-be-released version 3.06.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
http://www.hercules-390.org (Yes, that's me!)