IBM make zPDT available for ISV

Lim Ming Liang

Oct 23, 2009

Just heard that this month IBM make zPDT available to ISV for few thousand
USD, and ADCD is included in the package.

9:29 am

Re: IBM make zPDT available for ISV

Roger Bowler

Oct 23, 2009

On Friday, October 23, 2009 Lim Ming Liang wrote:
> Just heard that this month IBM make zPDT available to ISV for few
> thousand USD, and ADCD is included in the package.

The same rumour was circulating in March this year, but nothing came
of it. Maybe it's true this time, maybe it's an IBM spoiling tactic.

Do you have a URL for the announcement?

--
Regards,
Roger Bowler

11:14 am

Re: IBM make zPDT available for ISV

kerravon86

Oct 27, 2009

--- In hercules-390@yahoogroups.com, Roger Bowler <rogerbowler@...> wrote:

> On Friday, October 23, 2009 Lim Ming Liang wrote:
> > Just heard that this month IBM make zPDT available to ISV for few
> > thousand USD, and ADCD is included in the package.
>
> The same rumour was circulating in March this year, but nothing came
> of it. Maybe it's true this time, maybe it's an IBM spoiling tactic.
>
> Do you have a URL for the announcement?

This seems to be it?

http://www.p390.com/zpdt.htm

BFN. Paul.

9:07 pm

Re: IBM make zPDT available for ISV

yvette hirth

Oct 28, 2009

kerravon86 wrote:

>>> Just heard that this month IBM make zPDT available to ISV for few
>>> thousand USD, and ADCD is included in the package.
>> The same rumour was circulating in March this year, but nothing came
>> of it. Maybe it's true this time, maybe it's an IBM spoiling tactic.
>>
>> Do you have a URL for the announcement?
>
> This seems to be it?
>
> http://www.p390.com/zpdt.htm

while this gives developers hope, i wonder why it came from some IBM
BizPartner with a lot of gov't bidness instead of from IBM?

IBM has now published three manuals on zPDT but not yet disclosed to PWD
and other developers the details of the zPDT program.

it seems to be a rather peculiar way of "announcing" zPDT.

yvette hirth

5:53 pm

Re: IBM make zPDT available for ISV

John P. Baker

Oct 28, 2009

My information is that you must be a PartnerWorld developer qualified for
zSeries software.

The system is designated as a "1090", and consists of a USB dongle (for
licensing) and the "1090" software (simulator).

IBM specifically supports several hardware platforms, AFAIK, all of which
are from Lenovo. Other hardware platforms may work, but are NOT supported
by IBM.

The system is Linux-based, and can support from 1-3 simulated zSeries
processors, which can be individually configured as CP, IFL, zIIP, or zAAP.

The USB dongle is separately priced at $299.

Software pricing is dependent on the number of simulated zSeries processors,
with a single processor license priced at $3,750.

ISV licensees will be able to obtains z/LINUX, z/OS, z/VM, and z/VSE through
the PartnerWorld program.

The license is for development only. Production workloads are NOT
permitted.

John P. Baker