From: z...@netcom.com (Mathew Zank)
Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom
Subject: FCC Gives OK For New Cellular Field Trials
Date: 4 Mar 92 07:46:40 GMT
Sender: Tele...@eecs.nwu.edu

I just got this from {Dow Jones News Service}. The FCC has given it's
okay for a company called Qualcomm, Inc to have field trials for a
digital cellular phone system that will use the 1850-1990 MHZ band. It
is called Personal Communications Services, I know little about this
type of system. It is a type of cellular telephone with usage fees
about the same as land line telephones. Does anyone know more about
this system? I also know other companies are working on this type of
system also.

Matthew Zank * Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Internet z...@netcom.com -or MZ...@mcimail.com