Nokia 9000i and 9000il
Applications and Features for the 9000i and 9000il
- Complete PDA
Scheduling, Address Book, Contacts Manager, To-Do List, Notes, & Calender in
the palm of your hand!
- Internet Access
Check out your favorite websites from anywhere!
- Fax (Send & Receive)
Even make changes and reply!
- Email (Compose & Review)
Read & write email from anywhere, even on an airplane!
- Downloadable Custom Applications
Tailor your Communicator to specific needs!
- Text & Numeric Messaging
No need for that beeper ever again!
Connect to servers & mainframes anytime!
- Digital Phone with Speakerphone
Up to five-person conference call capability!
The Nokia 9000i and 9000il Communicator have the following specifications:
||Available for PCS or GSM 1900
||PDA uses GEOS 3.0 by Geoworks
Phone uses Nokia proprietary OS
||Embedded Intel 386/24 MHz
||6.5 x 2.5 x 1.5 in (175 x 65 x 38 mm)
||14 oz. (397 g)
||Phone 5 V, PDA 3.3 V
||140 to +1310 F (-100 to +550 C)
||Illuminated LCD (phone interface)
||8-level grey scale (3-bit resolution)
640x200 pixel LCD (communicator interface)
active screen area 4.5 x 1.4 in (115 x 36 mm)
|Internet protocol supported
|E-mail protocols supported
||SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, MIME, MIME2
The memory selection made from the phone interface does not affect the applications
in the communicator interface, which uses "memory B", Phone memory.
Phone interface memory functions (Menu 8)
Communicator interface memory
- Memory selection
- SIM memory status
- Copy between memories (SIM card to memory and vice versa)
- Erase SIM memory
- Show own number
Total memory is 8 MB; 2 MB is specifically allocated for user data. The memory
is allocated as follows:
- 2 MB FLASH for user data and non-volatile applications information
- 4 MB FLASH for operating system and applications (also WWW cache)
- 2 MB DRAM for program execution (volatile memory)
The Nokia 9000i and 9000il Communicator has a dedicated attachable Lithium-ion
battery. This battery contains 2 cells with nearly 800 mAh capacity and the necessary
protection circuitry with a 4 pin external connector.
Battery consumption may be affected by factors such as backlight usage(9000il),
proximity to a base transceiver station, and periods of time in extreme temperatures
(keep the communicator between 14 and +131 degrees F (-10 to +55 C)).
- Battery: ~ 800 mAh (7.2 Volts)
- Battery charging time: 2.5 hrs.
- Talk/Fax/Data time: 2.5 - 3 hrs.
- Standby time: 28-33 hrs. (phone ON) /up to 1 week (phone OFF)
Typical 10-hour working day:
|Phone use for talk (10% hands-free)
|Fax messages (10 times 3 pages)
|Terminal sessions for E-mail & VAS access
|Organizer use (viewing & editing only)
Sales Package Contents for the 9000 Communicator Series
- BLK-4S Li-ion battery
- ACH-4UC charger
- RS-232 connectivity cable
- PAR-1 adapter
- Nokia Communicator Server (Nserver) connectivity software
- CD ROM containing add-on software
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Guide and Accessories Guide
Available accessories include
- Extended Lithium-Ion Battery BLK-4S
- Rapid Travel Charger ACH-4UC
- Battery Charging Stand DCH-4
- Desktop Charging Stand DCH-6 (9000i Communicator)/DCH-6A(9000il Communicator)
- Adapter PAR-1
- Complete Car Kit CARK-60US (9000i Communicator)/ CARK-103 (9000il Communicator)
- Audio Handset HSU-1
- RS-232 Adapter Cable DLR-1
- Leather Carry Case CBR-1