New PCS Phone 3588i by Nokia Gives Sprint Customers an Affordable Way to Stay
in Touch and In-style
Interchangeable covers, selection of polyphonic and MIDI ringers and full-color graphics give Sprint customers the ultimate ways to personalize their PCS Phone.
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. - Sept. 30, 2003 - With a large, high-resolution color display, dynamic light effects and built-in games, the newest offering from Sprint and Nokia is personal and unique - easily changed to reflect your mood or attitude. Sprint (NYSE: FON, PCS), which operates the largest all-digital, all-CDMA Third-Generation (3G) wireless network in the United States, and Nokia (NYSE: NOK), the world leader in mobile communications, have combined the clear calling of the enhanced Sprint nationwide PCS network with the signature personalization of Nokia devices in the PCS Phone 3588i by Nokia.
The PCS Phone 3588i by Nokia is a compact, candy-bar style phone weighing only 4.02 ounces and measuring a mere 4.68" x 1.96" x 0.92". It comes packaged with sleek, silver covers and the transparent sides of the phone illuminate when you receive a call. The large variety of interchangeable covers, ranging from bright crimson red to aqua blue with glow-in-the-dark butterflies, enables customers to instantly customize their phone to match their mood, attitude or outfit, transforming the PCS Phone into a distinctive fashion statement. It is now available at Sprint Stores nationwide for a suggested retail price of $149.99. Changeable covers are an additional cost and can be found at www.sprintpcsaccessories.com or www.nokia.com/us.
"Customers see their PCS Phone as a reflection of themselves," said John Garcia, senior vice president of marketing, sales and distribution for the PCS Division of Sprint. "The PCS Phone 3588i by Nokia gives customers fun and easy ways to make their phone personal and unique, in addition to clear calls on the enhanced Sprint nationwide PCS network."
"Nokia is known for bringing technology, style and fun to wireless users, and the PCS phone 3588i by Sprint continues this tradition," said Soren Petersen, senior vice president and general manager of Nokia's CDMA business unit. "The combination of Sprint's nationwide all-digital network with the easy-to-use, color-screen PCS Phone 3588i by Nokia offers customers a powerful way to enjoy reliable, crystal-clear communications."
The PCS Phone 3588i by Nokia is a dual-band/tri-mode CDMA phone that offers customers clear calls as well as:
- Large Color Display: Large color LCD with changeable fonts so you can change your preferred view.
- Games: Test your skill at multiple built-in games including Bowling, Racket and Sky Diver.
- Interchangeable Covers (sold separately): Dynamic light effects with optional Active, Glow-in-the-Dark and Reflective Xpress-On(TM) Covers - easily changed to reflect your moods or attitudes.
- Ringers: Improved sound quality. Choose from multiple melodious ringers including polyphonic MIDI ringing tones (background music) and vibrating alert.
- Mobile-Originated SMS: This device is compatible with two-way SMS messaging services when available.
- E911 Emergency Location Capable: Features an embedded Global Positioning System (GPS) chip necessary for utilizing the E911 emergency location services where available.
- Productivity Tools: Includes Alarm clock, Calendar, Voice recorder (1 minute), Calculator and Stopwatch.
- Voice Activated Dialing: Say the name of the person you want to call and the number is dialed automatically without using the keypad.
- Bright Backlit Screen and Keypad: Luminescent backlight for easy screen reading. Keypad and 4-way Navigation keys light up when pressed.
- Long Battery Life: Internal LiIon battery. Digital mode up to 3.0 hours continuous talk or up to 12 days continuous standby time. Analog mode up to 1 hour continuous talk or up to 1 day continuous standby time.
- Internal Phone Book: Assign up to 500 entries with multiple contact numbers.
- Multiple Languages: Support voice and text prompts in English and Spanish.
- 2.5mm Headset Jack: Accommodates most standard headset for hands-free operation.
Sprint is a global integrated communications provider serving more than 26 million customers in over 100 countries. With approximately 70,000 employees worldwide and nearly $27 billion in annual revenues, Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying state-of-the-art network technologies, including the United States' first nationwide all-digital, fiber-optic network and an award-winning Tier 1 Internet backbone. Sprint provides local voice and data services in 18 states and operates the largest 100-percent digital, nationwide PCS wireless network in the United States. For more information, visit www.sprint.com.
Nokia is the world leader in mobile communications. Backed by its experience, innovation, user-friendliness and reliable solutions, the company has become the leading supplier of mobile phones and a leading supplier of mobile, fixed broadband and IP networks. By adding mobility to the Internet Nokia creates new opportunities for companies and further enriches the daily lives of people. Nokia is a broadly held company with listings on six major exchanges.