Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 18:43:00 -0800 (PST)
Subject: missing javax audio?
From: E <blockswo...@gmail.com>
To: Android Developers <android-developers@googlegroups.com>

Hello,

Some months ago I began a project that involved some basic signal
processing. I used the Java Sound API, including AudioInputStream to
get linear bytes from a recording to do some simple analysis.

With the release of the 1.0 toolkit I picked the project up again, but
the Javax audio classes are missing. Is there a replacement for these
classes? What's the plan?

Apparently there are other API's that got pulled?
I was able to get my code to compile by pulling them out of a full
java distro and adding them to my project, but as noted elsewhere,
this won't actually run on the device.

Thanks,

  -Ethan

I motion for a petition for full audio API in the 1.1 SDK.

On Nov 19, 8:43=A0pm, E <blockswo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Some months ago I began a project that involved some basic signal
> processing. I used the Java Sound API, including AudioInputStream to
> get linear bytes from a recording to do some simple analysis.
>
> With the release of the 1.0 toolkit I picked the project up again, but
> the Javax audio classes are missing. Is there a replacement for these
> classes? What's the plan?
>
> Apparently there are other API's that got pulled?
> I was able to get my code to compile by pulling them out of a full
> java distro and adding them to my project, but as noted elsewhere,
> this won't actually run on the device.
>
> Thanks,

We have no plans to support the Javax multimedia classes at this time.

On Nov 19, 8:21=A0pm, Robert Green <rbgrn....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I motion for a petition for full audio API in the 1.1 SDK.
>
> On Nov 19, 8:43=A0pm, E <blockswo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > Some months ago I began a project that involved some basic signal
> > processing. I used the Java Sound API, including AudioInputStream to
> > get linear bytes from a recording to do some simple analysis.
>
> > With the release of the 1.0 toolkit I picked the project up again, but
> > the Javax audio classes are missing. Is there a replacement for these
> > classes? What's the plan?
>
> > Apparently there are other API's that got pulled?
> > I was able to get my code to compile by pulling them out of a full
> > java distro and adding them to my project, but as noted elsewhere,
> > this won't actually run on the device.
>
> > Thanks,

> I motion for a petition for full audio API in the 1.1 SDK.

Contributing patches would be a much more effective approach than a
petition.

--
Dianne Hackborn
hack...@android.com

That's very unfortunate.  iPhone has one up on the android in this
arena.

	 Date:X-Google-Sender-Auth:Message-ID:Subject:From:To:Content-Type:
	 Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-GMailtapped-By:X-GMailtapped; b=uBKj8N
	Ygg3B6ke2QIRxwc/KtYU7rGn7g6bt/NLc9SXQv8AyFj3IA2QbUQOAfM3LB14eZ3Lshb
	X9lbOSF0V+LCw==