Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:32:32 -0800 (PST)
Subject: CPU SPEED
From: jdc4429 <jdc4...@gmail.com>
To: android-platform <android-platform@googlegroups.com>

Hi Dianne,

Could you please elaborate on the below comment you made regarding the
G1's
processor speed.  Does that mean it's not running at 500mhz? Can that
be changed in software on the fly and was it set below maximum speed
to help with the battery issue?

Also is anyone working on adding hardware acceleration so we can take
full advantage of the processor?

Thanks
Jeff

> Date: Wed, Nov 26 2008 3:23 am
> From: "Dianne Hackborn"
>

> Uh, there is a lot more going on in that UI than just doing transparent
> drawing.  Also currently all drawing within a window is not hardware
> accelerated so must be done in software.  And the G1's processor runs at

Indeed, the CPU in the G1 is clocked lower than its maximum rated
speed to conserve battery life. It's running somewhere between 300 and
400MHz if I remember correctly.

JBQ