From: water...@netscape.com (Chris Waterson)
Subject: building the browser
Date: 1998/12/02
To: mozilla-bui...@mozilla.org
Newsgroups: netscape.public.mozilla.builds

I am going to light a fire and run.

Why do we need these "pull scripts"? (client.mk, nglayout.mk,
client.mak, etc.) They cause more bustage than lord knows what because
they are redundant with the CVS module.

I want to pull a module (like SeaMonkeyBrowser) from CVS (or unpack a
source RPM/tarball) and build it.

If we're trying to separate out individual components on tags (a la
NSPR), then those should go into their own CVS module, and be
distributed and installed separately. I really like what we did with
NSPR. Can we do that with the rest of the major modules?

If we continue on the path that we're on, we'll have missed the whole
point and end up with another big monolithic monster.

chris