The Plan for the 29th of December
Spread it around :-)
What the DVD types will be doing.
- They will be going to the courthouse at 8am to file their motion at 8:30
(which is odd since most offices in the courthouse open at 9am, but I digress)
- They will be posting a guy for us to annoy in front of courts 2,9, and 12.
- They will file their motion at 8:30 am in an attempt to crush the common
persons civil rights.
Here's what we'll be doing tomorrow.
- Tomorrow we will meet at the front entrance of the Santa Clara County Superior
Court at 8am.
- Well spoken, bright people will go to the DVD mouthpieces to talk with them
about their fallacies.
- Our team will go to each of the courts when the motion is assigned a number
and get permission to record from the county recorded. We will also find out
how to get the county records.
- The Lawyer from the EFF will most likely file to be heard before the judge
regarding the motion.
- Anyone else who is either named or wishes to be named can do the same. This
means assuming the role of one of the does listed (501 were noted in the application)
- The rest of us will be out front of the courthouse handing out flyers with
some words and a copy of the source code. This won't be a demonstration per
se so much as an "agitation"
- It is very likely there will be a hearing, if so we will sit in the gallery
and take notes. Those who have gotten permission to record will do so. I plan
on taking my digital camera in the event that we are okay to do this. Our behavior
in the courtroom is very important and I urge everyone who is in the gallery
to be quiet and attentive, perhaps staring at the DVD people with pitying looks.
(no, I didn't say that :-)
- When we are done, we'll go to this great Cuban place I know about nearby.
Havana Cuba is the name of it, it is very awesome.
- Be polite. This isn't a demonstration so much as a show of what they've
gotten themselves into.
- Dress nicely. If you own one, a suit would be appropriate.
- Come and have a good time, remember we are there to do something good for
all of us.
- Bring stuff! print out the source code or write it onto floppys or cd's
to hand out.
The Santa Clara County Superior Court
191 North First St.
San Jose, CA
- Yahoo Maps [ http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Tmap&addr=191+North+First+St&csz=San+Jose%2C+CA&Get%A0Map=Get+Map]
for the site.
For further Questions, please contact us through the contact page [ http://www.dibona.com/social/dvd/contact/index.shtml
Thanks to VA Linux Systems Inc. [ http://www.valinux.com/ ] for letting me use
their server room.
Copyright 1999 http://www.dibona.com/social/dvd/plan/index.shtml