From: BARRETT%FOREST.ECIL.IASTATE....@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Marc Barrett)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga
Subject: Commodore, Amiga, Apple, and MAC
Date: 26 Mar 90 20:26:03 GMT
Sender: m...@udel.EDU

FLAME ON!!!!!

   Once again, Commodore has let Apple slip ahead of them in the
area of technological innovation.  Had Commodore released (or at
least publicly shown) their video card, developed by the University
of Lowell, they might have captured some headlines for new
innovations.  But I doubt that the introduction of the video
card will get any attention now that Apple's new 24-bit graphics
accelerator has been shown publicly.  The Lowell card pails next
to this thing, which will do animation as fast as the Lowell card,
but with full 24-bit color.

   Also once again, Commodore has let Apple slip ahead of them in the
area of new technological innovatiion.  Had Commodore released (or
at least publicly shown) the Amiga 3000, they might have captured
some headlines for developing innovative new computer systems.  But
I doubt that the introduction of the Amiga 3000 will get any attention
now that Apple's 40Mhz 68030-based MAC IIFX has been shown.  The Amiga
3000 pails next to this thing, which included a plethura of newly
developed custom chips.  A total of ELEVEN custom chips are used
to give the MAC IIFX impressive speed while relieving the CPU of
a lot of I/O and sound duty.  Unlike the Amiga 3000, however,
all of these custom chips run at the full speed of the microprocessor.

   flame off