From: axt...@csc.anu.oz
Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.programmer
Subject: ACTOR, CRYSTAL etc. comments please
Date: 18 Aug 90 19:42:02 GMT

I'm looking for comments/experiences/information about the various development
tools available for OS/2 and particularly PM. I've seen ads for several like
ACTOR and CRYSTAL and several that are C libraries - basically I want to know
	- have you used one : was it any good?
	- are there any general points to look out for?
	- was the support any good?
and ANY other info you have to offer.

I'm starting to develop a large application that will include networking,
graphics, database (SQL probably) and lots of other goodies (it's an
administration system - sort of)

As I'm writing this from Australia it's a bit hard to walk into a Californian
dealership to see a demo, I need to rely on glossy brochures if I can't get any
info off the net.

Thanks for your time - if I get more than one reply I will summarise.

PS : If this has been discussed to death before please let me know where this
group is archived.

Andrew Tridgell
tri...@aerodec.anu.oz.au