From: heil...@cbnewsm.cb.att.com (david.j.heiland)
Newsgroups: comp.os.os2.misc
Subject: Re: Is anyone at IBM listening?
Date: 1 May 92 17:23:32 GMT

I've been hoping that IBM has juwst been waiting (for what I don't know),
but I think now that the Marketing folk really don't have a clue - its
very hard to suggest OS/2 2.0 to others when they don't even see it.  I
LOOK for OS/2 marketing, and all I've seen are the boring "cemetary" ads
(and I had to look twice - where's a multi page spread with a giant OS/2
by itself on the first page - even Wordperfect's ads are better OS/2 ads).

I've seen the addresses pass by before, but this post has finally made me
sit down and write letters to those at IBM.  I hope they listen fast, and
I hope others write too - just do it, now.  Save OS/2, write an IBMer.

I've gotten two 3.1 mailings from MS this week, Egghead will order OS/2 from
their warehouse for $150 if you know enough to ask, Windows advertising
is everywhere, lists of Windows courses show up in the New York Times every
week, I haven't seen a single billboard with an OS/2 ad, no one from IBM is
seeking out developers, loaning out machines with OS/2, telling me what
will be coming after 2.0.  Maybe OS/2 won't be polished until the first
CSD, but I wish they would market NOW.  With OS/2, XGA, direct selling
of PS/2's (just who buys from dealers these days?), I thought IBM was
changing.  Maybe not fast enough.