From: swmpt...@cais3.cais.com (Swampthing)
Subject: SMARTASSES AT THE WASH POST - ROUND 3!
Date: 1995/07/27
organization: Capital Area Internet Service i...@cais.com 703-448-4470
newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.misc,comp.sys.amiga.advocacy

It looks like those smartasses on the WASHINGTON POST FAST FORWARD Editorial
Staff are determined to portray Amiga users as a crazed bunch of lunatics
once again.  In the current issue of FAST FORWARD, the monthly high-tech
computer supplement to the WASHINGTON POST, there's another couple of
paragraphs on the letters page about those "far-flung Amigans."  While
commenting they received letters from around the world, they still refuse
to print any of them which might portray the Amiga computer or it's users
in a decent light.  Instead we get more shit like this (I've reprinted
the article below).  I think it's high time Amiga users send them some
carefully written responses to help clarify the situation and question
their continued smartass attitude.  Perhaps even ESCOM should consider
sending a strong letter to wake up these smartasses.  It's hard to
believe these are actually adults we're dealing with!  Well, I think it's
time the Washington Post Fast Forward Editorial Staff grew up...

As usual, comments on FAST FORWARD articles should be sent via email to
f...@washpost.com.  In case they close the email box again, their snail
mail address is:

FFWD
The Washington Post
1150 15th Street NW
Washington, DC 20071

Now here's the article:

ADIOS, AMIGAS!

Our attempt to reconcile with partisans of the Amiga computer ("Nuestras
Amigas Locas, "FFWD 1:10), whom we'd offended previously (FFWD 1:09), of
course only generated more hostility.  The screedback came from, among
other places, Belize, Denmark and Kentucky.  We expect the city of origin
of the following e-mail, sent by a "loyal Amiga user since 1986" to
provoke still more dark speculation among our far-flung Amigans.

"JUST READ YOUR editorial on humorless Amiga users and laughed out loud.
Thanks.  I especially enjoyed the secondary poke at OS/2.  Now, if we
could just get the 28 Amiga users together with the 2 OS/2 users and the
last Atari ST user...nah, never mind.

		  					John Noble
						    Redmond, Wash.